When Women say Men are Scum

When Women Say Men Are Scum

A 22 year old girl was brutally assaulted and raped at Benin, in a church. She's dead. A 12 year old girl was raped by 11 men at Jigawa.

When women say men are scum, this is what they mean.

It's not ghosts that are raping babies, children and adults.

It's exhausting.

While I worked with FIDA, I saw things.

Things that I couldn't bring myself to write about. Some days were unnerving.

I remember speaking to a teen that was sexually assaulted by a law enforcement officer. Her Father was in the next room o. He had no idea.

I recall the Lady that took her children to stay with her father.

Her Father raped them. They were aged 8 and 5. I just locked up because...what?!

I know the sick girl that was raped by a family friend. Trusted. He came to repair something. He raped her. She was on medications, she was helpless, she did nothing.

While her Mother spoke to me, she said this was the second time her daughter was raped. And even then she was fearful.

"Am I doing the right thing by reporting?" she asked me.

When these issues are raised, some of you guys don't say anything. The only time you talk is to tell us "not all men" "even women" "supposing..."

Stop it. You sound dumb.

Call your fellow men out.

These people who rape are brothers, friends, fathers, pastors, teachers, cousins.

We know them. Don't trivialize it.

Recently, a white officer killed George Floyd. White poeple know this, that for a long time the lives of black people have been treated like nothing.

That's why Amy Cooper made that call. It was convenient.

What do we expect the white folks to do?

Call their fellow white people out! Say it!

Men should call men out too.

Don't come here to whine about how angry we sound.

How should we sound?

Don't stay on the fence. Say something. It's too much to ignore.
Take to your platform and say something.

 How many times have you talked to your friends about rape?

Did you see the display yesterday? Most of you don't know about consent in sexual relations!

We must admit that the society and homes have failed to raise these boys/men properly.

We place so much emphasis on how girls should act.

I'm not here to cuddle anyone's ego.

If you feel triggered, you're the problem.

Do better.

I want justice for that girl.

#JusticeforUwa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend