Dear Godly Husbands

Dear Godly husbands,
Bcc: Godly husbands-to-be

Please learn how to lay the bed nicely after you rise in the morning. Be the help that your wife needs to be the perfect helpmeet that God has called her to be in your life. It's just good manners, nothing more.

Sometime ago I was in Calabar, checked into a hotel all nice and comfy to stay for a few days. Each morning before stepping out to my meetings I will dress the bed and make sure my clothes and belonging are nicely arranged in the wardrobe.

I will dress the bed all nice like I have a degree in hotel managementπŸ˜€. The only thing that would be left for the janitors to do is mop the floor and make sure the bathroom is neat and tidy like they always do. I am already used to the idea of tidying up my bed when I rise in my house, because I'm training myself to think and act like a co-helpmeet to my spouse.

In my head I'm always thinking; "What can I do to help this wife of God?".

A hotel room was no different, same discipline, same thoughts; "what can I do to help this janitor of God?" πŸ˜‚.

So I lay the bed, arrange my clothes and underwear nicely in the wardrobe, and make sure no trash was laying around before stepping out.

One morning the janitor in charge of my room saw me stepping out and rushed to greet me. She was like; "Sir, I noticed you always tidy your room whenever you are stepping out everyday. I am not sure if you know that we have cleaners here who come and clean up the room everyday when the visitors leave."

I just smiled at her and said, "Yes dear I know. I love to help out. This is my marriage rehearsal."

You know for some of us who had some excellent upbringing. Those days when you wake up the first thing is to pack your bed, fold and arrange your bedsheets, sweep the house, sweep the compound, sweep the street, sweep the roundabout, wash the plates, warm the soup, and fill the house with water, enter daddy and mommy's room to sweep, lay their bed, check behind the door for the mountain of clothes waiting for you to wash when you come back from school. lol

Without doing all these you cannot dare ask daddy for transport money to go to school. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ these are everyday chores you must do whether you are a boy or a girl. Wonderful upbringing. It's just so sad when a man grows up to convince himself that these things are the responsibilities of his wife alone. So sad. All the moral upbringing gone to waste. πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

Dear Godly husbands please do not let culture and tourism steal the joy in your marriage. It is fun to help out, it is cultural to be nice and helpful to another person. I have searched the scriptures back and forth and found nowhere is it written that it is the responsibility of your wife to make the bed, know when to draw the line between culture and the scriptural responsibilities God wants you to perform as a husband.

Some of you it is only when you want to make love that you dress the bed and even buy new bedsheets. It is your official sex language, when your wife comes in and sees the bed layed with a new pillow she runs back very fast and pretend like she has a headache because she knows you want to kill somebody's daughter with sex that night. It's so wrong and selfish when a man tries to do nice things for a woman because he wants to take something from her.

Suprise yourself Sir, Help out with dishes. Sweeeeeeeeeep! The broomstick is not customized to fit the hand of women alone. Take out the trash. Fold and arrange your own clothes nicely, you did not marry a drycleaner.

#toolateforyourmarriagetofail 
#confessionsofagoodman #allisonhyacintho

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend