The Bath

The Bath
I embarked on this journey unplanned
I got to the village only to realize
That my body care bag had been forgotten in my house in town
I sought for where to get a good body care bag
All to no avail
Granny had given me a tiny stick of wood in place of a tooth brush
A cut out piece from from a sad bag for a sponge
A green coloured soap to bath with
From my tours at the village shops...
I discovered the shop owners only sold those tiny
Kiddies expired cookies to indigent kids
I actually sought something edible to chew on
Just in my pondering state, Granny bought that
Soft tasty cookie from the woman in front of whose shop we stood

Air had already gained access into it
On my first chew I spat it out quickly
Even before my first bite,  I already perceived this ill sickening
Scent from it.
Seemed like it had lasted a year before its sale
It had discouraged me
But Granny persuaded I'd like it
Despite the breath taking disgusting ancient scent
I smiled as I took my next awful bite
Did I say the cookie wrap looked really ancient

I couldn't stomach the abominable taste
I quickly gulped some water and rinsed my mouth as well
I sought for the bathroom and found none
Until Granny pointed to the open space for my shower
They are gonna see mature things... I screamed

She laughed  and offered to hold a wrapper for my proposed covering
 by spreading it with her both hands
She encouraged me to continue
By the way,  the south view was in the open
She had covered my north view with the believe...

That people  rarely passed through the south position
Hmm! You have  to bath quickly  she said to mr
Oh my!  I really  have got challenges...
The water was so cold exactly  first fetch from one of the village streams
I screamed as I managed all the same
Honestly, it was an unpleasant situation

I tried taking up the soap only to realize
The soap in the container  was wet-melted
It was sticky. I took bits as was comfortable for me

I mashed the soap into the hard sponge
The sponge was so hard
It felt like razor cutting through my skin when I sponged mybidy with it
While I screamed at the discomfort it gave my skin
My scream attracted people who came to see the screamer
People literally  came from the North and South views
I hadn't noticed them as I worked up the sponge mildly over my skin
My face was already covers up with soap lathers and most parts of my body
I truly had slot to scream about,
My skin was undergoing a burning sensation from the usage if the sponge
The water was so cold and my body was stiffening

I screamed even more
I heard  the Sounds of the earth breaking and then suddenly Voices of a lot
Of persons
I tried to open my eyes but soap had its way into them and I screamed for my eyes hurt
Mama out of shock dropped the wrapper on the ground
Lifted up my bucket of bathing water and emptied every drop on me
I screamed for the safety of my fresh made weave which I rolled into a bun

The strangers voices were very much within  ear shot
I opened my eyes to behold the questionable crowd
Then it dawned on me that I was without clothes
I quickly took to my heels
When I hit my right foot on a Stone at the entrance of our house
Not only did my slipper cut
Not only did my right last toe Bleed
I had equally fallen headlong
With no covering
Whenever I  look at my bodily  scars
I wished I never had my bath

***Precious Eminent ***


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend