In Admiration I Died

In Admiration I Died

It started as a flutter in my feet, heading up and moving through my really long legs. “These legs feel wobbly” I think to myself as I try to balance on my feet while carrying out cheap gossip with the girls and looking at the fine boy who passes by us in his dark skinned gloriousness.


 I thought I saw him wink so when the flutter moved from my feet to my stomach, I think “ah, butterflies”.
From the painful fluttering in the feet of my stomach to the tightening in my chest, I close my eyes in pain and confusion. Unable to open my eyes anymore because “darn, this pain is unbearable”, Chioma screams “snake! snake!!!!!”.

Lastly, in darkness, I hear scuffling as I fall softly to the ground.
I died.

C.O. Ezeala.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend