Would you?

Would you?

Okuku,

If I love you enough
To want to be your brother, son
And more, would
You take my name?

If you knew my end is near
And I come to you with the sacred circle of promised commitment,
Would you follow me there?

If the race be stiff
And the odds are against me,
Would you take the dare
And damn your fears,
Would you follow me?

If the world stood against me, rightly so
For perceived crime,
Would you be the only voice in my favour?

If the world becomes peopled by beasts,
Would you be the only human for me?

Would you damn the world
And be my Ohotu,
Watching the sun set with me
In the evening of our lives?

©~Ochelebe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend