One Night Stand
Three days ago, i had a one night stand with a girl i picked up while i was on my way home. This girl introduced herself as Ronke, a Yoruba girl from Osun State, Nigeria.  She told me about her church, and described to me where she worshiped. But Ronke never gave me her address.

In the bedroom Roke was fire and brime stone joined together. She was more than a professional when it came to handling a man on bed. She gave it to me in all styles and angles until i got tired and slept off, snoring like a spoilt generator.

What surprised me was when i woke up in the morning to find a plate of porridge served to me right beside my bed. Besides it was a cup of hot tea and a note. I picked up the note and read its content.

" Praises, am gone.
Hope you enjoy your meal, you must be famished by now.
Love. Ronke."

Ronke had left me no number to contact her. I quickly picked up my wallet to confirm my cash. My wallet was still stocked with my eighty thousand naira, and no single note was missing. What manner of girl is this. Ronke had every chance to steal from me, and i wouldn't even know, but she never did. She had left my room just the way it was, and even took time out to cook and serve me my breakfast.

That very day, i decided that it was time i finally got into a serious relationship. And this time, i wanted it to be with Ronke. I was already fed up with being single. How can a man like me be single for five years straight. This time, i made up my mind that a girl like Ronke was what i needed.

I was tired of meeting all this girls that fly at night. All those ATM and Money sucking mosquito girls had already scared me away from love. But Ronke had revived it. She may have heard her flaws because of the one night stand that took place, but she had proved herself different. After all, we are all humans with sexual feelings.

I set out to Ronke's church for two reasons. God forgive me. The First was to search for Ronke, and the second was to get her address. This Wednesday service will not pass me by i thought to myself.

I dressed up in corporate, looking like a bank manager and drove straight to church. I had arrived late and could not be offered the front sit, instead, i was directed to one of the angles of the church by the ushers to sit down.

After a few minute of sermon and prayers, a lady walked and sat close to me. She was obviously directed by the ushers to i guess. I turned to have a glance at the young woman who had come to sit close to me. Behold it was Ronke. We were both locked into each others eyes. This was a coincidence. I never expected my search for Ronke to be made easy like this. God was really faithful to me. He alone was directing my path i thought to myself.

" Hello " Ronke waved me in a smile.

" Hi" i replied, smiling back as well.

The man of God kept preaching, shouting and jumping on the altar. The Congregation stood up occasionally in an applaud, and also to shout a loud amen to his declarations. My eyes was glued to the pastor. One will think that i was receiving the word of God, but instead, all that went through my mind was how to approach Ronke once the service ends.

I was still in thought when i noticed Ronke suddenly stood up from her chair and was walking towards the altar. That was when i jolted back into consciousness, and the realization of what was really happening around.

" If you know you have HIV and AIDS come to the altar now. God wants to heal you. The anointing to heal HIV/Aids is present here now" the pastor spoke.

The whole auditorium was silent. I turned left and right, back and then front and found every one putting on a serious face. Some were raising up there hands in worship. Others were in deep tears.

" Come to the Altar now. This may be your last chance. If you have HIV/Aids. Don't be shy, don't think about your neighbor seated close to you. God wants to heal you now. Run to the altar." The pastor beckoned again.

I watched keenly as people walked to the altar in their numbers. While others beside me were shouting thank you Jesus, I was shouting Blood of Jesus. Ronke was standing at the altar, directly behind other HIV victims. She was lifting her hands and waving it in the air.

" Blood of Jesus, the blood o. " i whispered faintly. So Ronke is HIV positive? Am finished. I thought to myself.

" God is still calling on you. There is one more person God is waiting for. Come forward. Now."

That must be me. I thought to myself. If Ronke was HIV positive, then i had also contacted the Virus.

" O God, i will not sleep with a woman without Condom again o. E dey sweet, E dey sweet na im carry fowl enter pot of soup o. Now see my life " i complained silently in my heart.

" There is still one more person. " the pastor called out again.

The church became silent. Every one started turning left and Right to know who the person was. The tension increased. Ronke turned towards me and looked at me and turned back again.

 Chai! That was the signal. That was it. Ronke had found a way to communicate it to me. I thought to myself. This was a sign to tell me to come out. Ronke has killed me. I shouted in  thoughts.

I stoop up from the chair. My bumbum was soaked with sweat. The suit i was wearing was becoming too hot for me to bear. My legs was shaking as i walked to the altar. The whole church applauded. Ronke turned in shock to see me walking to Join the HIV victims. Her eyes opened wide as she followed me with her eyes all the way to the altar.

By the time i got to the alter, Ronke had already slumped. Ushers standing at different angles of the church, ran towards her to lift her up. As she was being lifted from the ground, her Usher I.D card fell to the floor.

It was then i realised that Ronke was not amongst the HIV victims. She was just an Usher in the church, who went to stand behind the victims during the altar call. She had slumped thinking the same thing i was thinking when i saw her at the altar.

Today i am Married to Ronke and we are both ushers in the same church. We are blessed with three children. Bayo my first child who loves to play the church drums. Femi my second son who wants to be a pastor someday and finally Cynthia my third daughter who sings beautifully at the altar.

Tales Of A Perfect Encounter by
        Praises Chidera  Obiora
The Picture is not hers
Gotten from Google , SilkFred
Elma Red lace push up Bra by BB
Lingerie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend