The Commuters

The Commuters
Inside the bus today, this lady who appears to be in her late 50s kept disturbing me to give her my bottle water which I had barely sipped from. Initially,  the constant call of "nwokeoma, nyetum mmiri" was ignored.  But when she tapped my shoulders to draw my attention,  my pretense game was over.

Given that she was savouring a pack of rice and stew, I had expected water was also going to be part of the budget. Well, I gave her the water. After all, I could easily get another.

She sipped a couple times from the bottle and stretched it out to me. I declined,  then the drama unfolds.

Woman: Fine boy, why you reject the water na?

Me: Nothing ma.

Woman: Na because say my mouth touch am?

Me: No ma. Mummy don't worry. I'll buy another one ma.

Woman: But your mouth touch am too na.

Me: (Silence)

Woman: So my mouth dey smell abi?

Me: Mummy no na. No worry ma, water no dey hungry me again.

Woman: You dey stupid sha. So you mean say.............

Me: 😳.

The conductor should have stayed on his lane. The insults the poor guy received on my behalf for trying to put this lady in her place will linger in his head for a while.

People dey sha. Tufiakwa

#AroundNigeriaInSixDays
Copied: from a facebook page
Belonging to  Ezekiel Ugwueze

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend