They will pay dearly

They will pay dearly
I was in bed with you as we both cuddled and slept
You stood up from the bed and left with no words
I heard the sound of water that ran into the  drum
Waiting to hear from you.

Just then I heard gunshots
From outside I was so scared to come out.  You went fetch water but you left your empty can of water.

Here you are lying faced-up in black ashes clothed round about you.  You left me at 5:57am so you could get the first fetch from the stream before everyone  muddles it up by morning.

They burnt my love.  They left me without you.  I'm pregnant and I kept it away from you so I could surprise you when the day was brighter.

 They  say they have been after a black morning thief. You weren't their thief. You were my  love,  the father of my unborn child.

It's now morning and the real thief has been captured. They brought him to the village square  for mockery first and death  afterwards.


Yet no soul is remorseful for having killed you.  I will come after them one by one. I'd come
as a thief at night, draw them out of their houses, maim and finally kill them.
They met the wrong  woman and  for the wrong reasons, they will pay dearly.
Tell no one this secret and no one will escape.


***Precious  Eminent ***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend