Two Years

Two Years
I remembered how we started
Yes my memories still stick
When I said Yes before you asked
We were ecstatic
These feelings were hot as new new
We were hypnotic
18months passed how time flew
We got enthusiastic
This wasn't real it was magic
Who knew we'd be toxic?
One step to forever we claimed
You got the purpose I got the focus
Last week of January and of course February
You set fire to my forest and you let it burn
We got lost in our emotions
Arguably irreconcilable differences
The pillows wiped the tears
My bed felt how lonely I was
You became so distant I couldn't hear your voice
I was damned into listening to whispers
Yeah the whispers in my head making me to believe it
Called to order you decided to settle with it
Got flared up and fought to fix it
You were reluctant to fix the crevices
From one source our arguments formed plexuses
We took a break like we could fix the broken dishes
With molten gold to make us brand new
We always go into it without a clue
I saw these signs but I took them as few
My feelings began to fade from hue to grey
I begged my heart to wait and stay
You already left, it was easy for you to stay away
In the thick of healing I found me
I needed to lose you to love me
This is the first part of my tale
It was good while it lasted




 Losing you to find me
It became a big deal
It took enough courage to appeal
The mirror became my friend
Where my sanity was to be defended
During the heat of our talks
I lost my self confidence
You'd always say I'd never find someone better
I was going to be used and dumped over
Yea I remember
You've always said a lot of things
The love you professed was part of the chorus
I got sick and tired of our crisis
I wanted our perfect little beginning
It was like building sandcastles next to the seashores
Is this becoming a crying game?
Where I have to lose my soul?
You acted like I deserved the hurt
And you lived in your perfect right mindset
I yearned we came back again
You claimed you didn't want to
I don't know if you were hurting
Or it was just an easy free tow for you
From all my dreams where you felt everlasting
To all your hoodies that held our promises
To the old end and new beginning
It feels like I've lost you everywhere else
Count down to two years
This chapter is closed and done
Strangers with some memories

Favour Spykins


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend