Insight

Insight
I was a boy, innocent
Of the many ways of the world
 I knew a girl
... I became a man!

I was a man, a real man...
I knew the many ways of women
And lost my manliness
To their many hues and cries against inequalities.

I was a church boy,
Yes, a real church boy
But I also became politically correct
And church became too extreme in her extremities.

Every gained consciousness
Removes far from me
Those halcyon days of youth
When the voice of innocence spoke innocently
And earned me the kisses of Okuku...

Now I live in total wonderment
If the world is better or worse off with every fresh insight.

(c)  Ochelebe T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend