Come Away With Me


COME AWAY WITH ME
Okuku,
You told me
To go away
I say come with me

Away from prying eyes
And wagging tongues
From false salutations
And fake smiles...

Away from hearts blemished
And souls tainted,

Come with me,
Away from nights without Stars,
Clouds without rain,
Away from punctuated hopes,
From cataracts of languid laughters
And ocean of tears

Come with me,
Away from lands
Watered by rivulets of crimson
And sorrow-painted lives.

Let us head together
Hand-in-hand
To the land of liberty
Where no one trails
Our undisturbed silhouette
As we watch the sun
Head to the horizon
In the evening of our lives.

Come away with Me, Okuku!

(c)  Ochelebe T
(The picture is mine) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend