Youth on a Footless Ground
If I was told, I may not have believed
so easily as Adam believed Eve
But with my eyes, I behold it all
as one in an entertainment hall

Where audience are happily sorrowful
under an atmosphere so horrorful
each moment was a torment
as fear filled our noble garment
alas ! an abandoned tree

Thy gardener abandoned thee
having stolen thy soil
and divideth thy spoils
behold a tree on a footless ground
toss by the wind round and round

To and fro a foreign land
yet weeping like a little lad
see its tears fills the sea
its eyes too dim to see
tattered like a pretty rag
like a mad man chasing nothing

If there was an offence for this lot,
then my eyes would weep not
if it was an enemy who caused this lot
then my eyes will weep not

But it was a gardener I so cherished
who stole my soil and spoils for self enrich
cutting me off from earth nutrients
where I derived my feeble strength
now starvation becomes a close friend

In a relationship that has no end
like a sea without an end
now death knocking as a visitor
like in a land of no doctor
all leaves fade yellowish

and falls brownish
now thou at leaveless
like a needle so fatless
if there was an offence for this lot,
then my eyes would weep not

If it was an enemy who caused this lot
then my eyes will weep not
but it was a gardener I so cherished
who stole my soil and spoils for self enrich
indeed a helpless helper
a deceitful deceiver

A pain so strong for the blind to see
even with visions too bright to see
yet the journey non can direct
so baseless as the bottomless pit
where you only weep and gnash your teeth

Barr. C. A. Ukpabia😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Man Was Crying

The Nigerian Criminal justice, Correctional System and it's entirety

100 Ways to know if you are Dating your Bestfriend